Tuesday 26 September 2017

DRACULA'S AMERICA POSSES.

One of the biggest perks with having DA published was getting one of each miniature made for the game by Northstar!
Consequently, the Lead Mountain grew ever-higher a week or so ago when a very large box arrived in the post from Osprey.

Now I already have a fairly sizeable Old West collection, but this is entirely made up of 32mm scale Black Scorpion (plus a few conversions made for play-testing DA) figures.
The Dracula's America stuff is more 'true' 28mm scale, so naturally this means starting an entirely new collection... And you can never have enough Old West stuff!

It's a hard life, indeed.

So I set-to with a will, and managed to rattle through a fair few models ready to take to a demo game tonight for the folks at the Lancaster club. There is something both surreal and amazing about painting actual models for a game that you designed, and that other people will play!

The bases still need finishing off, but for tonight- they'll do (and apologies for the blurriness on some of my photos- I don't have the steadiest hands when using my mobile phone's camera)...

Rank and file generic Old West guys to bulk out the Twilight Order and Red Hand Posses will hopefully be provided by the other guys tonight until I can get my Artizan Designs stuff painted- it was just too hard to resist the actual DA models, so they jumped the queue!

 


*Dark Confederacy Necromancer and Revenants, Die-Hards and finally a group shot including a Vengeful Spirit that can be summoned by my Necromancer.
 *Crossroads Cult (including Hooded Cultists by Pulp Figures). The Magister with book, Harbinger of the Abyss (the gent with the horns and the fancy duds) and the Hellhound and Behemoth that can be summoned to fight for them are all 'official' DA minis!
 *Vampiric Brood-Kin of the Red Hand Coven. The guy on the right was given a shotgun from Warlord Games' 'Project Z' plastic Survivors.
*Crusaders of the Twilight Order, weighed down by armour and packing silver bullets in their guns!

I've got my Congregation Posse undercoated and ready to go, and then I need to decide on a theme for my Skinwalker Tribe- then it will be time to buckle down and paint some 'regular' guys and gals to fill out the collection, before rewarding myself with some of the creature encounters (really looking forward to painting the Sasquatch!). Hopefully I'll be caught up in time for the new stuff in book 2...

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnor Lives! Plus of course some rambling...

With the weather (only slightly) curtailing my wanderings in the Great Outdoors, I have been back at my painting desk feverishly churning th...