Tuesday 26 September 2017

HOWDO!
First post, so here's a little about me and my aims for this Blog!

My name is Jonathan, I'm lucky enough to live in the Yorkshire Dales at the foot of Ingleborough, one of the famous Three Peaks.
I spend my working days trudging the streets of a local town as the Friendly Neighbourhood Postman, and my free time is spent either trudging the local hills, forests and moors and occasionally playing in a Classic Rock covers band... But mostly, I play tabletop games with my friends. And when I'm not gaming, I design games and write about the worlds I create.

In short, life is pretty good!

Recently, I was fortunate enough to have one of my games actually published by the good folks at Osprey, and supported by a miniatures line from the equally good folks over at Northstar. That game is Dracula's America: Shadows of the West; a Gothic Western skirmish game.

This Blog has been set up mainly so I can interact with people who are interested in DA, without having to swim in the murky waters of Social Media (I'm firmly behind the times when it comes to the 'modern world').
I'll also use it to report on the games I play, new ideas I've had and my progress on wading through the ever-growing 'lead mountain' of unpainted figures that all but the most disciplined of Gamers inevitably accrue (hence the title!). I'll also post up general ramblings about this and that as they strike me- feel free to ignore these, of course!

Thanks for taking the time to read this waffling.

J.

*The Other Partizan, 2017: Would you play a demo game with this man??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnor Lives! Plus of course some rambling...

With the weather (only slightly) curtailing my wanderings in the Great Outdoors, I have been back at my painting desk feverishly churning th...