Monday 4 December 2017

Shattered Realm- Advanced Rules

I'm very happy to report that it seems a fair few people have had a look at the Shattered Realm stuff so far, so here's a link to the Advanced Rules for those interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8rqize0v0gur59/SR%20Advanced%20Rules%20Doc%20V.2.5%20COPY..odt?dl=0

This smaller document adds Break Points, Visibility rules (for representing the darkness of the caverns below or even eerie mist on the surface), Mounts, Magic (of which there are two kinds!), and some basic rules for Solo Play.
Last night I found myself with a little time on my hands, and so played a small Solo battle- I'll put a report up on here very soon...

As always, this is still very early days and things may very well change down the line- if you have any feedback from playing SR yourselves, then please do drop a comment here or over on the LAF!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Another spanish Dracula's America fan here :D

    I'm translating this part of the rules to spanish but I have a doubt about how AITD and Break Point should interact.

    If you have to check AITD you ignore de Break Point rule? or you first test AITD and then test Break Point? I'm not sure about how to translate the 'override'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, now for a suggestion: what about something like low-ligth vision to complement darksight? In most fantasy worlds Dwarves or Elves can see better than humans in the dark, but not perfect, while dark elves and other creatures can see perfectly in pitch-black darkness. Regarding the rules "low-ligth vision" should reduce terrible visibility to poor, and poor to good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, er, 'Unknown'- glad to hear DA is being played over in Spain!

    1) Yes, if you have to check AITD then you ignore the Break Point- the model is too busy cowering in the dark to worry about the rest of his or her Party!

    2)Low-Light vision sounds like a very good idea- I'm trying to avoid proscriptive 'racial' rules for player models though, as I'd like people to use whatever figures they wish with the basic stats and skills. However, it will make an excellent optional rule that people can use if they and their opponents wish- I'll add it to the main document when I get the chance!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Arnor Lives! Plus of course some rambling...

With the weather (only slightly) curtailing my wanderings in the Great Outdoors, I have been back at my painting desk feverishly churning th...