Thursday 10 May 2018

The Gathering of the Clouds, Part 5

Just a quick Post today, to show you my finished Mirkwood Elves contingent!

These are the new, long-awaited Oathmark plastics and they are very nice indeed- understated (for Elves) and practically-attired for battle!
No idea what the runic pectoral disc is about, but to my mind it helps to set the Elves apart as a unique culture with their own, alien aesthetic...

*Mirkwood Spearmen form up for battle.

As I think I mentioned previously, I wasn't too keen on the shields you get with the kit as they were a bit too 'War-Hammery' for this project; the kite shields really do the job though.

Colour-wise I went for the predictable 'Wood Elf' palette of greens and browns, but decided to go for bronze on the helmets and armour trim- I'll save the silver for High Elves (if/when I get around to them)!
Likewise I went for a selection of 'Celtic' hair colours, and used three different tones of green (though they don't really show up that well in the photos) to make them appear less uniform and a little 'Wilder, and less wise'...

*It wouldn't be Elves without archers!

Tonight the Ingleton lads are coming over for a game- this will be more of a play-test of the first Scenario for the Battle of Five Armies, which I am breaking down into three Scenarios to better suit the smaller scale of the Dragon Rampant rules.

*Another blatantly staged photo- Elves ambush Goblins along a forest road. Typical Elf propaganda!

Expect a report on how it went in the next couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. The elves look fantastic, you certainly got them battle ready quick, I haven't even started on mine yet.
    I look forward to the battle report, have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Arnor Lives! Plus of course some rambling...

With the weather (only slightly) curtailing my wanderings in the Great Outdoors, I have been back at my painting desk feverishly churning th...