Tuesday 14 November 2017

Nostalgia Hit Episode 2- Hard Cheese.

The other day it was back to the Blood Bowl pitch- this time I'd be taking my beloved Skaven Team- the Skryre Warlocks (still painted in the green and bronze colour scheme I first used in the 90s)- up against the Orcs coached by Tony (and more-than-ably-assisted by Tom).

Now, I have a couple of excuses all ready to be deployed:

1) It has been a long time since I played Skaven (well over a decade, in fact!).
2) I was limited to using the models in the new plastic set- so only two Gutter Runners.

However, with hindsight I think the only excuse I really need is:

3) Apparently, I just suck at playing Skaven.

This game was an utter whitewash from start to finish- though extremely entertaining! My poor rats just couldn't get near the ball- even when receiving, it always managed to scatter right at the feet of the biggest, meanest Orc on the line of Scrimmage! Tony also played an absolute blinder (and displayed a frankly disturbing level of forethought and planning for an Orc, if you ask me), and shut me down at every turn.

*Run away!

*Run away!!

Those Skaven that managed to survive the pummelling green fists couldn't seem to dodge (even with re-rolls) or pick up the ball- one poor Linerat even managed to trip over his own tail and break his neck! But that's Skaven for you- incompetent underlings aside, I know that if they can get a good running play going then they are nigh-uncatchable.

*Run awa-Kerunch!! (Meanwhile, the Gutter Runner top right makes a break for it- and keeps running until he's out of the stadium...)

Hence for the rematch, I have two more Gutter Runners ready for painting... Can the 'Warlocks redeem themselves?

* "Join the 'Warlocks, they said..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnor Lives! Plus of course some rambling...

With the weather (only slightly) curtailing my wanderings in the Great Outdoors, I have been back at my painting desk feverishly churning th...